Today’s recipe for 75 Awesome Recipes hails from http://www.foodfaithfitness.com/sweet-n-sour-bacon-wrapped-pineapple/. Really, the best thing i can say about this recipe is the finished product *almost* lasted 10 minutes… with myself as the only masticator…
Per Taylor (whom this recipe was taken from) :
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsps Brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-sugar Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Chili sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar free grape jelly
- 2 Tbsps Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- For the pineapple:
- 5 strips of turkey bacon
- 1/2 of a 20 oz tin of pineapple chunks, drained (about 30 chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the sauce simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, slice each piece of bacon in half and then each half into 3. This would make each strip of bacon equal 6 strips.
- Dry the pineapple chunks between two pieces of paper towel and wrap each with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
- Spread the pineapple chunks out onto the prepared baking tray, and pour the sauce evenly over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the sauce is sticky and thick and the bacon is fully cooked.
Deviations i took liberty of:
“Chili sauce” was sriracha because… it’s what i had…
Ketchup was Hunt’s 100% Natural (because… close enough).
Used a full 8 oz can of chunked pineapple (was around 18 pieces of pineapple)
Since there was extra bacon, some of the pineapple was double wrapped…
And by bacon, i mean it was pig bacon.
Outside of these deviations, the recipe was (surprisingly) followed.
Post: 4 of 75
Recipes Remaining: 71….
Schedule: Lucky number 13 behind… might just stay here for good luck…